Ps Clinton Phillips 16th March 2014 (Acts 1:4, Jeremiah 33:3, Psalm 130:5, Isaiah 40:28-31, Isaiah 64:4)Clinton Phillips, March 16, 2014
Part of the Sunday series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
Go away with these verses this week and unpack, look at, go over and meditate. Give you insight, and will keep you. Know what God is saying to us in this season.
Vitalness of knowing God's word will save your life. Doesn't mean it will be easy. Will be opposition, to cause unbelief and fear, and the only thing that will help will be this word. God is not about helping you cope through life, but to lead through life. In the process, going through stuff, strength is built in you. God is equipping you and I, so when we come into battle, we will be equipped and ready to fight.
Doubt and unbelief is not about questioning God, there comes a spirit with that. The only thing that breaks through that is God's word - the only thing that will last forever. Good intentions won't break through - only by and through the word of God.
God has called us to wait. Ready. Steady. Wait. God is always the God of "just hang on". Part of waiting is that God will start to cut off the things that will infect and affect our walk with him. Like going to battle without any bullets in our gun.
In the midst of the battle, faith will rise. Your faith doesn't get a chance to rise unless there's a battle, conflict, storm. James - consider it joy when you face trials of every kind.
Here are the verses:
- Acts 1:4. Wait for the promise of the Father.
- Jer 33:3. Call to me and I will answer you. Not about intellect, experience, history, theology. There is a season that God wants to reveal to us. Call out to him - wait on him in prayer. The enemy always calls us to mute when we are struggling. Call out to God, and he will answer you.
- Psalm 130:5. Wait for The Lord. In His word I do hope. Place your hope in His word, not your house, car, business.
- Isaiah 40:28-31. The everlasting God neither faints nor is weary. God is not going to give up on you! God is reaching out to us. He gives power to the weak. How are you surviving without God? The enemy doesn't stop. When it comes to God's word we need to never stop too! He gives strength. Those who wait on The Lord shall renew their strength. Not about circumstances changing, it's about us changing in the midst of our circumstances.
- Isaiah 64:4. God acts for the one who waits for Him.
|« Ps Clinton Phillips 9th March 2013||None||Ps Clinton Phillips 23rd March 2014 »|
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/vhosts/c3langford.org.au/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/sermon-browser/sb-includes/frontend.php:405 Stack trace: #0 /home/vhosts/c3langford.org.au/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/sermon-browser/sb-includes/frontend.php(405): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/vhosts/c3langford.org.au/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/sermon-browser/sb-includes/frontend.php(445): sb_get_xml(NULL) #2 /home/vhosts/c3langford.org.au/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/sermon-browser/sb-includes/frontend.php(384): sb_add_other_bibles(Array, Array, 'kjv') #3 /home/vhosts/c3langford.org.au/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/sermon-browser/sb-includes/frontend.php(399): sb_add_bible_text(Array, Array, 'kjv') #4 /home/vhosts/c3langford.org.au/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/sermon-browser/sb-includes/frontend.php(380): sb_add_esv_text(Array, Array) #5 /home/vhosts/c3langford.org.au/public_html/website/wp-c in /home/vhosts/c3langford.org.au/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/sermon-browser/sb-includes/frontend.php on line 405