Ps Lakers Komaiya 10th June 2018 ()Lakers Komaiya, June 10, 2018
Part of the Visitor Speaker series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
Title: This position is not advertised!
Subtitle: Using your unique gifts to impart your world.
Rom 12:2 do not conform, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind. We have the same Holy Spirit within us - You can't get an upgrade of the Spirit - but you can get an upgrade of your mind.
This body of Christ involved with the community - it's what we've called to do!
Worship team - how great is our God. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. If the greater One is on the inside of me, then the least that I can be as a person is great. It only took 12 guys to change the world - there's more than 12 people here! Studying God's word - if God wants to promote you, then He'll challenge you!
God has not just called us to impact Langford!
Story - UK 2006. Head hunters, seeking people with particular skill sets, expertise, and then fill that position. God is a head hunter - looking for you, looking for me, for those perculiar skills. God has chosen us for a particular mandate. No need to be envious of another person, another church, another family. We have unique gifts, we need to walk in those gifts! Sometimes we get to a point in our lives when we don't know why we're doing what we're doing. If you do not not your reason, it's too easy to abuse that relationship, that gift.
First reason - to glorify God. To reflect God's glory. Gen 1:28. God blessed man: be fruitful. God has planted in us a seed - we need to be fruitful. If we are fruitful from one seed, then begin to multiply.
The goal of Christianity is to evangelise. Other religions - world domination. Why do we focus on evangelism? We want to reflect God - not to show off. We want to reflect our father.
Second reason - expand the kingdom of God here on earth. Not just about evangelism but also expansion
Third reason - you want to be able to lead a meaningful life. When it comes to mental health, especially depression, it's about purpose - people want a meaningful purpose. God knows that you want to lead a meaningful life, so he planted seeds in us.
Story of Joshua. Six verses, six points. Joshua 1 - God's commission of Joshua. After the death of Moses. Joshua it's time to arise; stop mourning and take his place. Six things to learn.
1. There's always vacancies in the house of greatness. Yes, Moses was great, but he is dead now - it's time to step into those shoes. God is going to work on the inside of you, and begin to step into Moses shoes. That vacancy is not advertised. Eg Generations Youth - preview of what's going to be. Has God given you a preview of where He wants you to be? Marriage, dating - girl ask the guy "what am I helping you to do?" 2 Chronicles 16:9 The eyes of the Lord move to and fro so that He may support those whose heart is completely His. God is always looking for people to fill positions of greatness.
Looks like hard work! Ease is a threat to our position. Ease - staying in your comfort zone stops us from experiencing greatness. Easy to get to a place of complancey, so we chill, and we don't grow. Is that what God has called us to do? Thinking about the footprint on the sand of time. Paying more attention to the impact we are leaving in our circle of influence. What footprint are we leaving in our family? If in the NT, they say that Christ is coming soon, now Christ is coming even sooner! Need to begin to think about influence, footprint. Think about what really matters.
2. Joshua 1:5 No one will be able to stand against you, as long as you live. If God be for us, who can be against us! No-one will be able to stand against you. But guess what - we can stand against ourself! Not even the devil can stand against us! If we choose to stand against ourself - game over. Things that we stand against ourself:
- Procrastination. If you procrastinate in what God called you to do ... God told Joshua to move on. Socialised into thinking that some emotions are not proper, part of depression. Eg anger. OK to express emotion.
- Low self esteem. Things we can do to stop ourselves from using our unique gifts. This position is just for you! Not advertised! But you are not walking in the reality because of low self esteem, you put a value on yourself that is low. That is not the devil - that's you
- Indecision. I want all my dots to line up in the row. If all the lights from here to Canning Vale are green, I won't set out! But that will never happen. The earlier you can implement, the better you are able to learn. Indecision is something we need to look into.
- Over committment. Things that stand in the way of your gifting, doing so many things. You can't say no, so you kick yourself. Passive agressive.
- Fear. The 10 spies didn't just impact themselves and their families, but about their whole generation.
3. Mandate has a boundary. Joshua, I haven't called you to be a jack of all trades. I have given you the land wherever you put your foot. From the wilderness, as far as the great sea. God didn't say "Just possess everywhere!" There are places that God has given you to influence. The people in your social network, your office - there is always a boundary. We are called to influence people in our circle. We can't save the whole world. Zig Ziglar quote: "Do not be a wandering generality - be a meaningful specific." You will only be fulfilled in something that's meaningful to you. Eg Coca Cola. Flagship product - what's your flagship brand? It's OK to have influence in many things, but you need a flagship brand, a boundary to what you do. Eg Nike - shoes, but also produce clothing, but the shoes are their flagship brand.
4. God told Joshua - what type of a person do you need to become in order to walk with these unique gifts. You need to be bold and courageous. There's a person you need to evolve into in order to fulfil what God has called you to do. If you want to fulfil God's purpose in your life, there are some skills you need to work on, some committements to make, work to turn weaknesses into strengths.
5. You are called to bring value to people. You are called to impact your world. How are you blessing people in your world? At the end of the day, that's what matters. If you don't recognise the value in you, how can you bring value to others? You need to recognise the value in yourself. God says to Joshua - you need to step into Moses shoes. 12 spies, 2 gave a good report (Joshua and Caleb) - lets go them them, but then when Joshua became leader. Times to be bold. Tribe of David Group - how to be audacious, bold and fearless.
6. There is a sense of urgency. Whatever God is calling us to do, this is the time to implement it! God wants us to begin to impact now. If, in the next 24 hours of our life depends on how we used the last 24 hours, then many of us would drop dead! How many of us will be standing in the next 24 hours? There's so much impact to be made in this place! This is the time we need to step into these gifts! Your position is unique - God the head hunter has gone to look for us, our unique gifts and DNA for a time like this
|« Ps Clinton Phillips 3rd June 2018||None||Ps Murray Newman 17th June 2018 »|