Ps Paul Mulroney 15th March 2020 ()Paul Mulroney, March 15, 2020
Part of the Jesus series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
* Recap - The 7 "I Am" of Jesus
* Bike riding, start at 5am, dark, need bike lights
* Story: bike riding accident as teenager. Hit black dog, head over heels, dazed and confused
* Ever been broadsided in life? Cruising along, then something threw you? Work situation? Family health? Your health?
* How do you get your equilibrium back? Your balance back? How do you start moving again?
Four passages today focus on Jesus the light
* John 1:1-14 - Apostle John - Life came into being because of Jesus - His light is life for all humanity
* John 8:12 - Jesus - I am the light. Whoever follows me will never be driven by darkness.
* 2 Corinthians 4:4-6 - The Apostle Paul - Jesus made his light shine in our hearts, so we could see the glory of God.
* 1 John 1:5-9 - Finally, John again - when we walk in the light Jesus has given us, we have relationship with one another, and the blood of Jesus purifies us.
So what? Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path
God's word gives us illumination, revelation, enlightenment, understanding, knowledge, connection.
Example: shine a light into darkness.
Doesn't stop us from facing trials, but changes how we respond to them
Now what? Imagine a future where God directs our steps. Absolute trust in God. Matt 4:4 Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word from the mouth of God.
Need to hear from God: Logos, God's written word, the bible. Truth, principles, God's heart for us. Rhema, God's spoken word to us in our specific situation. Prophecy.
|« Ps Clinton Phillips 8th March 2020||None|